When spoken word artist Brenna Twohy tells you that she is an unabashed devotee of all things “Potterotica” — erotic fiction based in the magical universe of Harry Potter — your response probably shouldn’t be that her taste is “unrealistic.”
I’m happy to be getting to the point where I don’t have to feel weird about enjoying fanfiction, or having written a bunch of it. Partly it’s that the fandom experience has become more broadly shared. Partly it’s that I stopped giving a shit.
And as for why I like the porny sort of fanfiction, see above. She says it better.
I like sex with context. I like sex when it involves fully fleshed out characters. I like the backstories. I like feeling like these people do other things when they aren’t having sex.
Feeling sad today. No running or quidditch for the foreseeable future due to PT. Today when I asked when I might be able to return to running my PT said probably not for a couple of months :(
Anonymous said: I really want to do something about Ferguson but I live states away and have no money to fund anything. Do you know of any petitions or SOMETHING I can do, because I've tried my hardest to get the word out, we new to reach out to these people. I feel like we aren't doing enough there has to be something.
Okay there’s a lot of different posts with multiple links each on how to help and some of them overlap so I’m just gonna compile all the relevant links I can think of here:
- Share this post on how to make a tear gas mask
- Share this post on your rights and how to react/respond when you are approached by legal authorities
- Donate to/share the legal fund for arrested Ferguson protesters
- Attend one of/share info for the National Moment of Silence for Victims of Police Brutality vigils
- Donate to/share #FeedFerguson, which will help feed families and children who get most of their food from school (which has been closed until further notice)
- Donate to/share the Michael Brown Memorial Fund
- Watch/Share videos of the events in Ferguson
- Read/Share these related and/or directly relevant articles
- Read/Share this post listing details of the five most widely observed instances of racist police violence in the past three weeks
- Sign this petition to prompt President Obama to enact new federal laws to protect citizens from police violence/misconduct
Contact the Ferguson Police Department and seek information on those being detained, the protests, legal procedures, etc.
Ferguson Police Department
Email (taken off the site)
222 S. Florissant Road Ferguson, MO 63135
Ph: 314-522-3100 Fx: 314-524-5290
- DO NOT reblog photos of Mike Brown’s body lying on the street. His family has requested that these photos not be spread around. Please respect their wishes.
Very importantly, stay alert. Read everything you can on the subject. The reports on The New York Times, Al Jazeera, and other news outlets are very limited, especially because the police in Ferguson are going to great lengths to keep reporters out. Seek out what you can online and from first hand sources, if you know anyone in the area. Listen to the stories of those who have been affected by this tragedy and other similar ones. Educate yourself as much as you possibly can so you can help make sure the right people are heard.